ATVs are recreational vehicles that can be a lot of fun. However, it is vitally important that safety rules are followed closely to prevent accidents and injuries. Enforcing age restrictions for ATV operation is one way to help keep everyone safe if you own an ATV. Here at The Insurance Outfit serving Chester, NJ, and the surrounding areas, we are dedicated to helping our clients make safe vehicle choices. Keep reading to learn more about ATV age restrictions.
ATV Regulations in New Jersey
You do not need a license to operate an ATV in New Jersey. However, there are regulations concerning ATV operation.
- No one younger than 14 can operate an ATV.
- Anyone under 18 operating an ATV must have completed an ATV safety course.
- Anyone operating an ATV must have proof of liability insurance.
- If you are under 16 years of age, you cannot operate an ATV with a power capacity greater than 90 ccs.
- ATVs cannot be operated in national parks.
Failure to Comply and the Consequences
ATV owners who do not comply with these regulations could face serious consequences. Most notably, you will be charged fines if you disobey these rules.
ATV Safety With Kids
If you plan to allow young people to operate your ATVs, you must have specific safety rules in place and enforce those rules.
You should always keep track of who is operating your ATV and where. As the registered owner, you are responsible for the safety of anyone driving the ATV.
If you would like to learn about our insurance services, don’t hesitate to contact us at The Insurance Outfit serving Chester, NJ, and the surrounding areas.